Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Invaded by Monster ROTAVIRUS

She has lost her weight few ounces , her tiny eyes show a sorrow.

A week ago Sekar, my eight-and-a-half month daughter was in a perfect health, that's why I took her to hospital to get a chicken pox vaccine. It was normal until in the evening she started to be crabby. Later she had diarrhea (her poof was yellowish, watery and sooo smelly) and vomitted some times. I called my doctor in hurry and wondered if it was the vaccine that caused the diarrhea. My doctor told me that maybe Sekar was infected by a so-called rotavirus which might widespread through air while she was in hospital. She advised me to take lacto B and keep breastfeeding her. She said that the virus would remain in the body for a week. Nothing could stop it but we had to prevent the baby from dehydration.

Not enough with my daughter, the virus then infected me....then my husband. Alhamdulilah I can combat it within two days.

It's been 7 days. Sekar's vomel was once this morning. Keep my fingers crossed. I'm longing for having my baby's smile back....